Move to Australia from America

Move To Australia From America

In the wake of Donald Trump’s presidential victory in the US there’s been a spike in the google searches for emigration out of America. Canada’s immigration website crashed and the media is having a field day with twitterable, is that a word?, quotes from celebrities declaring how they will leave the country.

Media hype aside, Americans have favored living in Australia for years. Australia is the only country in the world to have received more American migrants than the US has accepted from it. Think about that for a second!

Short term, it’s relatively easy for Americans to come to Australia. You can apply online for a holiday visa or Electronic Travel Authority as it is more officially called, and this allows you multiple entries to Australia over 12 months. You can stay for three months at a time but this visa has NO work rights.

If you’re a youngling, that is a word, aged between 18 and 30, you can apply for a Working Holiday visa. This lasts for a year, has limited work rights, involves a period of work in regional Australia and can be extended to 2 years in some cases.

If you’re serious about making a permanent move to Australia there are lots of resources for you here to help you. Have a look at my FAQ section. It has been honed from thousands of questions I’ve been asked over the years.  You can search through my blog for articles that relate to your specific situation.

If you really serious you can book a consultation with me.




Get the information you need in an easy and understandable way. See Mege’s books here ›

Work directly with Mege for maximum results in your application. Get 1-on-1 help today ›

Comprehensive training to help you succeed.
Register here ›