Thinking of migrating?
How do you know Australia is for you? Research
- previous visits
- Internet research – property, jobs, climate, education, lifestyle ,
- research trip to Australia is a good idea
– Obtain a comprehensive and personalized assessment from a registered migration agent
- Skilled Migration visa
This program, also known as General Skilled Migration, is for people who are not sponsored by an employer but who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia.
- Employer sponsored visa
For people with recognised skills seeking to work in Australia after being sponsored by an Australian or overseas employer. You will need a job offer and sponsorship for this visa category.
- Family migration visa
There are a number of migration options for fiancés, partners, children, parents and other family members of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.
- Business migration visa
For people to establish, manage or develop a new or existing business, or invest in Australia.
- Student visa
For people who want to study, relatively easy for Irish passport holders, visa for duration of the course & right to work up to 20 hrs/wk.
General Skilled Migration Visas
- 18 to 45 years of age
- Applicants must also have skills and qualifications for an occupation listed on the relevant Australia’s Skilled Occupation List
- Good English language ability (http://www.ielts.org)
- Recent skilled work experience (12/24 months is compulsory)
- Health & Character
General Skilled Migration Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)
- Applicants must have a nominated occupation which is on the SOL applicable to their circumstances at the time they apply:
The current SOL (schedule 3) – applies to Independent skilled and Australia relative sponsored visa applications
The current State and Territory SOL (schedule 4) visa application made by applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan.
If you get sponsored by a State Government and you get your visa, you are expected to live in the sponsoring state for at least 2 years** after arriving in Australia.
- Pre- application skills assessment
- State sponsorship (if applicable)
- Visa Application
How long does it take? approximately15-24 months
What is a permanent visa?
- General Skilled Migration visa allows you to live and work in Australia permanently
- The permanent visa is valid for 5 years
- Initial entry date (visa condition) usually falls within 9 months of being granted the visa
- You cannot claim any social security payments until you have lived in Australia as a permanent resident for at least 2 years.
- Most Irish people would be eligible to apply for Medicare (National Health System in Australia)
- Pathway to Australian citizenship
Pre-application skill assessment
- Certain trades AUD$2,000, other trades AUD$300
- IT professionals AUD$400, Irish Nurses AUD$710,
- Professional engineers AU$250, Irish Accountants AUD$350,
IELTS (English proficiency test) €185
State Sponsorship fee
WA – AUD$200, Victoria & QLD, South Australia -Free,
ACT – AUD$275, NSW – AUD$240
Australian Government Visa application fee
AUD$2,575 (Main applicant & accompanying family members)
Medical Examination fee €300 – €400 per adult
Employer Sponsored Workers
Temporary work visa subclass 457
Very common visa for employers to recruit overseas worker on a temporary basis to fill a skilled position in Australia for a period of up to 4 years. Family members can be included on this visa.
Offers a pathway to permanent residency.
CRUCIAL 1ST STEP – Find & Secure Genuine Australian job offer with sponsorship
- Employer must be an approved sponsor
- Income Threshold – currently $47 480 per annum
- Employee must have suitable skills and qualifications
- Health insurance cover
- Must work for the sponsor, you can change employer
- Costs AUD685
- Processing time – 2 months