Skilled Migration to Western Australia List Released

Training and Workforce Development Minister Peter Collier launched the Skilling Western Australia plan, which includes the State Migration Plan for Western Australia.

This is the list of occupations the state is willing to sponsor for immigration.

You can view the full list here.

Western Australia is in the middle of a resources and mining boom, and is expected to have a labour shortage of up to 150,000 workers by 2017.  240,000 jobs are expected to be created in Western Australia over the next seven years, on the back of the Gorgon, Ord River and Oakajee mining projects.

Minister Collier said the number of workers leaving the workforce combined with population growth, it is forecast there will be a gap of about 150,000 workers in WA in the next seven years.

He noted that the growth and opportunity was not limited to major mining projects.

“Wholesale trade, professional and technical services, finance and insurance and health sectors are all forecast to grow by more than 4,5% a year over the next four years.”

To find out if you are eligible for Western Australian state sponsorship get in touch today.

5 Replies to “Skilled Migration to Western Australia List Released”

  1. hi i am looking to emigrate from ireland to australia. i am 27 years old and have a wife and one child. we are looking to permanantly move over.
    i am a qualified motor mechanic and have a degree in automotive diagnostics engineering.
    can you give me some ionformation on any jobs available or any help that you may be able to give me. can you help with a permanant job for me?
    thank you
    darren cole

  2. Came across your website and found it very informative and helpful.Especially the information on the points test. Unfortunately I can’t seem to access the list of occupations the state is willing to sponsor. Would appreciat you help in this regard.

    Catriona Conaty

  3. hi i was just looking at your post this is my first time posting so i hope it works. if the two of ye go together you on a 12 month him on a 3 month holiday visa . you could get sponsorship or he could get it him self . he is not ment to work but he might get lucky but the travel wont be much then . but the 2 of ye will be together.

  4. Please can you tell me the best way to contact employers who want to sponsor overseas workers? I am from Northern Ireland (hold an Irish passport) 32 yrs old and a qualified joiner with 16 years experience. How do i apply for the 457 visa and is this the correct one to apply for?

    Any information would be much appreciated.

    Thank You

  5. Dear Mege,

    I came across your website and found it very helpful.
    Would it be possible to get some advice about visas before I can proceed.

    I am a 24 year old female from Ireland. I have a degree and a masters in Business & Marketing and I want to travel to Australia for 12 months at least to travel and work perhaps part-time. I have never traveled to Australia before. Therefore I presume me getting a working visa for 12 months is not a problem. I pass the requirements.

    The problem I have is with my boyfriend. He is 31 years old since Dec 2010 and we want to go to Australia together. I know the cut -off point for a working visa is 30.
    There is so many different visas I don’t know what one would best suit him.

    Here is a few details:

    He is a 31 year old skilled labour worker in the construction industry. His trade is a brick layer. He has been self employeed for at least six years if not longer. What would be the situation for me and him to travel to Australia together.

    Can he work there? What type of Visa could he get and for how long?
    I came across that point system on your website – it is reduced to 65 points what does that entail for him or mean? Would he have to be sponsored in a job before or could he go there and then get a job.

    I appreciate your expertise in this matter and look forward to your response.

    Kind Regards,
    Sylvia Keane

Comments are closed.